have released more detail about the upcoming box set featuring The Space Museum & The Chase
- see the box art HERE
. Above you can see the individual sleeve art - click on the pics for bigger, Hartnellier
versions. Included on the three disc set is:The Space Museum
The TARDIS jumps a time track and the travellers arrive on the planet Xeros. There they discover their own future selves displayed as exhibits in a museum established as a monument to the Galactic conquests of the warlike Morok invaders who now rule the planet. When time shifts back to normal, they realise that they must do everything they can to try to avert this potential future.Special Features:
• Commentary - Maureen O'Brien, William Russell, writer Glyn Jones and Peter Purves.
• Defending the Museum - writer Robert Shearman provides a personal and robust defence of this somewhat forgotten story.
• My Grandfather, the Doctor - Jessica Carney talks about the career of her grandfather, William Hartnell.
• A Holiday for the Doctor - spoof comedy recollections of sixties Doctor Who starring Christopher Green as actress Ida Barr
• Photo Galley
• Coming Soon
• PDF Material - Radio Times listings.
• Programme Subtitles
• Subtitle Production NotesThe Chase
The travellers are forced to flee in the TARDIS when they learn from the Time/Space Visualiser taken from the Moroks' museum that a group of Daleks equipped with their own time machine are on their trail with orders to exterminate them. Special Features
• Commentary - Maureen O'Brien, William Russell, Peter Purves and Richard Martin.
• Cusick in Cardiff - Raymond Cusick, the designer of the Daleks, visits the new series production studios in Cardiff to be shown around the TARDIS set and meet the newest version of his design. With Raymond Cusick, production designer Edward Thomas and designer Peter McKinstry.
• The Thrill of The Chase - director Richard Martin looks back at the making of the story.
• Last Stop White City - School teachers Barbara Wright and Ian Chesterton were the first people from Earth to travel with the Doctor and his granddaughter Susan in their time and space vehicle, the TARDIS. From their first step into the TARDIS in An Unearthly Child to their departure at the end of 'The Chase', the duo were involved in sixteen thrilling adventures that captured the imagination of a generation. This documentary tells their story. With actors William Russell, director Richard Martin, studio vision mixer Clive Doig and writer Simon Guerrier.
• Daleks Conquer and Destroy - since they first appeared on our television screens in 1963, the Daleks have been a source of enduring fascination for followers of Doctor Who. But just what was their appeal? With producer Verity Lambert, Dalek designer Raymond Cusick, director Richard Martin, actress Carole Ann Ford, writer Robert Shearman, designer Matthew Savage, model unit supervisor Mike Tucker and new series Dalek voice artiste Nicholas Briggs.
• Daleks Beyond the Screen - from the outset, the merchandising opportunities presented by the popularity of the Daleks was quickly realised and continues right through to the present day. With producer Verity Lambert, Dalek designer Raymond Cusick, director Richard Martin, new series Dalek voice artiste Nicholas Briggs, designer Matthew Savage, writer Robert Shearman, Doctor Who merchandise collector Mick Hall, model unit supervisor Mike Tucker, Private Eye journalist Adam MacQueen, BBC Worldwide's Kate Walsh and Dave Turbitt.
• Shawcraft - The Original Monster Makers - this documentary looks at the work of Uxbridge-based Shawcraft Models, who during the sixties provided many of the props and models for Doctor Who. With BBC designers Raymond Cusick, Spencer Chapman, John Wood and Barry Newbery, and Annette Basford, the daughter of Shawcraft owner, Bill Roberts.
• Follow that Dalek - an amateur 8mm cine film from 1967 looking around the premises of Shawcraft Models. The film features numerous props and models from Doctor Who, many seem for the first time in colour.
• Give-a-Show Slides - sixteen stories presented on seven slides each, as featured in the Doctor Who Give-a-Show Slide Projector toy from the sixties.
• Photo Gallery• Coming Soon
• PDF Material - Radio Times listings
• Programme Subtitles
• Subtitle Production Notes
Thanks to 2|entertain
Labels: 2|entertain, Dalek DVD, Dr Who DVD Box set, space museum chase dvd, the chase, the space museum, William Hartnell