The Thick Of It creator wants to write for Who

Capaldi & Iannucci
Armando Iannucci, the man behind The Thick Of It starring Peter Capaldi, has revealed that he would "love" to write an episode of Doctor Who. Speaking to What's On TV, the OSCAR nominated writer, who was also involved in TV shows such as Knowing Me, Knowing You and I'm Alan Partridge, said:

"I'd love to write [an episode of Doctor Who]! Steven Moffat hasn't asked me, but it would be great because I love sci-fi and I grew up with Doctor Who as well."

Talking about his former leading man, who played Malcolm Tucker in the political satire, Iannucci stated: "I was so pleased when I heard that Peter had got the role. He had a part in the show a few years back and he told me that when he went on set and saw the TARDIS, he nearly cried! He's a massive fan," adding:

"He won't be Malcolm [Tucker, The Thick Of It] - that's the thing. I think some people will be surprised because he's a fantastic actor. He's really funny, so I imagine there'll be lots of humour there, but he can also be powerful and tragic. It'll be interesting to see if they do stories that allow him to play to those things!

What's On TV

Blogtor's thoughts on Peter Capaldi as The Twelfth Doctor

Labels: ,