Tuesday, January 7, 2014

FIRST LOOK: Peter Capaldi in Doctor Who Series 8


As filming on Doctor Who Series 8 has begun, the BBC have released a picture of Peter Capaldi as The Doctor with Jenna Coleman as Clara. Click on the image above for a bigger version. As you can see, he's still in The Eleventh Doctor costume (who older readers may remember was played by Matt Smith). Location filming earlier today featured, as previously reported, the return of Madame Vastra, Jenny and Strax. Visit the Blogtor Who Guide to Series 8 HERE.

The BBC have also revealed that the first episode is written by Steven Moffat whilst the second is written by Phil Ford (The Waters of Mars), both directed by Ben Wheatley. These are also the first episodes to be filmed.


Thanks to BBC Pictures

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is the first time since the McCoy era (not counting the TV movie) where they've begun production with the new Doctor's first episode, so it's not surprising to see him still in Eleven's outfit, though he looks good in it - maybe they'll just keep it going, but sans bow tie. He and Jenna look good together, too, which I think is going to be key.

Fixtus Black said...

I'm having a hard time getting excited about this, as the Christmas special left a bad taste in my mouth and the new season is so far away. Still, I've thouroughly enjoyed the vast majority of Moffat's run and I think it is time for a older doctor. Hoping for the best!

Ozzy Baxter said...

I have no interest in Doctor Who now. The 50th year was such a half-ass mediocre finger to anyone that watched the show, I couldn't give a damn about what happens now. Who can possibly care about all of this nonsense when the showrunner so obviously doesn't give an actual damn?

Good luck Capaldi. It's a shame. You are such a good actor being wasted in what is obviously the Second-Coming of John Nathan Turner era. The show has been clownshoes since the end of S6. Worse than McCoy's first year in '87. The show is a hollow shell of what it has been from 2005-2010. Everything since has been a corporate conveyor belt of marketing and fan-pandering. I don't see it changing any time soon until the BBC has ground it all into irrelevant marketing minutia. I'll just wait and hopefully someone will save the show before it finally just dies of sheer frantic spectacle and boredom.

Anonymous said...

You mad bro?

Bree Bialer said...

The 50th anniversary special was not as bad as some are saying. I found it so enjoyable having Tennant and Smith acting together that I watched it 3 times! I believe that Capaldi is going to bring an interesting spin to Doctor Who. He may not be quirky like the previous two doctors, but I am sure he will bring something unique. Needless to say, I am extremely excited for Series 8 and the relationship between Capaldi and Jenna. Moffat could have written a better Christmas special because I truly found that not enjoyable but I have faith in him though to write an amazing new series.