The Doctor Who Experience
in Cardiff Bay celebrates the Easter holiday with a host of activities and new prop installations this month.
The popular official walking tours of Cardiff Bay will return on Good Friday (18 April), running throughout the Bank Holiday weekend. The tours will also run on 26 and 27 April. Groups are guided by an official Doctor Who Experience host, taking in some of the most recognisable sights in Cardiff Bay where much of the series is filmed. Tours last up to 90 minutes, starting and finishing at the attraction. Tickets can be booked from 10 April from the Doctor Who Experience box office.
On Wednesday 16 April, the Experience
will also host "A Monster Family Day Out". The activity packed day will include:
• Millennium FX workshops throughout the day, including talks and demonstrations on how they create the monsters of Doctor Who, practical workshops and advice for those wanting to get into the industry.
• Vortex Challenge – runaround style game testing your knowledge of the world’s most famous Time Lord. Hosted by Doctor Who writer Cavan Scott.
• Monster Mash Creative Workshop, also with Cavan Scott.
• Miniature workshop hosted by award-winning special effects expert Mike Tucker.
• Photo opportunity on the Silence Spaceship with a real-life Silent.
• Eggs-terminate station – design your own Doctor Who egg.
• Surprise appearances throughout the day.
For those fans who aren’t able to make it to the Monster Family Day Out, The Doctor Who Experience
will be alive with activity over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend. Special guest Shaun Williams will be showing off his skills as storyboard artist for Doctor Who Adventures
on Saturday and Sunday. There will also be a special Easter egg hunt as well as an eggs-terminate station.
A selection of brand new props will also be installed. The new selection will include an exclusive 50th anniversary collection of handprints, collected throughout 2013. Joining the Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith’s hands, already cemented in Doctor Who Experience history, will be those of Paul McGann, Billie Piper, John Hurt, David Tennant, Tom Baker, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Peter Davison, Jenna Coleman and many more from the classic era of the show.
These fantastic monster-filled extra activities come free of charge with a valid Doctor Who Experience
ticket. Please visit www.doctorwhoexperience.com
for more information on prices and availability.